Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Lost Springs, Whitianga

My last day on the Coromandel Peninsula the weather started out awful! Horrible wind, strong rain showers, and cool temperatures. I used the bad weather as an opportunity to get off the beach and into town, and did a little window shopping and lunch at a café.
Salmon bagel at Nina's Café

By the afternoon, the weather was a little better so I decided to check out Whitianga's Lost Springs hot pools and spa. Hot pools here don't really compete with Japanese onsen (in my opinion) but they are still a great way to relax. The Lost Spring was a little pricy ($35 for 1 hour) but I was glad I went. There were few people, and the pools were much deeper and larger than I expected. They had also done a great job making the outdoor pools feel exotic and relaxing. their largest pool was actually big enough to swim in!



It would have been nice to have a chance to take one more walk on the beach, but all in all I had a fantastic time on the peninsula. Off to Auckland next for my last few days in New Zealand. I cant believe how fast the time has flown!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment