Sunday, March 30, 2014

Whanganui Glass

On Saturday Trina and I headed out to Whanganui to try our hand at glass art, and make paperweights. I was looking forward to it, but not really feeling anything emotional until we got to the studio. When I saw that it was open and people could watch us, I got a little nervous! Luckily there were no other students so Trina and I just had each other to look stupid for. 
Showing us how it's done 

After a quick demonstration, it was our turn! I decided to do a two color design with random bubbles in it. It was hard to keep the glass centered on the stick, but the instructor was encouraging, and I think it turned out pretty well. It ended up being almost the size of a softball, so I think it will be good at keeping papers from escaping in the wind. :P 


Shaping the core... 

um... this looks good.

Almost done! 
Other than art and the river, Whanganui doesn't have much, but it was a great place to spend a Saturday. Our paperweights had to cool overnight so they are going to send them to us this week! 




No comments:

Post a Comment