Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Abel Tasman Day 2

Today I went Kayaking in the Abel Tasman National Park. This was high on my list of things I wanted to do in New Zealand, and I am SO glad I did.

 
I booked a tour, because I wasn't really sure where good places to go were, and being out sea kayaking by myself didn't really sounds like the safest idea. The boats were all tandems which I wasn't excited about but it ended up being really fun! The woman I was paired with & I worked pretty well together, and the scenery was AMAZING!!! The other people on the tour were fun too.
 



We paddled out to see a seal colony, which was cool but they pretty much looked like small versions of what I saw in California in September. The guide said there are supposedly more seals than people on the South Island. I am starting to get the idea that there are more of a lot of living things than people here (sheep, opossums, seals, penguins...)



For lunch we stopped on a beach and the guide had a simple catered picnic for us. After lunch, some sunbathing and a dip in the ocean we headed on our way. 


I have one day left in Abel Tasman Nat. Park and right now I wish it was longer. I think I will head out for a hike tomorrow. I hope I can make the most of my last day here!

No comments:

Post a Comment